Kansai Electric Power Company (KEPCO) and Vertical Aerospace have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish a joint working group to study, define and research electric chargers and infrastructure standards in Japan and other relevant markets in Asia.
Vertical will coordinate the specification and requirements for eVTOL charging facilities, while KEPCO will develop DC fast chargers, battery cooling systems, energy management systems, based upon the information gathered.
The knowledge obtained from this project will be used at the Osaka Expo in 2025 for those eVTOL industry members involved, as well as for implementation in Asian countries.
Outline of the MoU
- Jointly define the requirements, design and operations for electric chargers for the VX4 eVTOL, leading to the development of charging facilities for eVTOLs.
- Research and define the charging infrastructure required for eVTOLs and collaborate with related companies and ministries.
- Research specifications and regulations for charging facilities for eVTOLs.
- Study carbon-neutral operation services of eVTOLs.
- Efforts to contribute to social acceptance and awareness of Advanced Air Mobility.